Sunday 10 August 2008

EDITOR: Sim-O (Beat: Media-Watch)

Who am I?

My name is Sim-O, although I may appear in some cases as therealsim_o due to username character restrictions on some sites, I try to use openID when I can.

I live near Oxford and I write at my self-titled blog. I have been blogging since the beginning of 2006.

What will I be writing about?

I will be keeping an eye out for mentions of The Sun in the media, highlighting instances of deception, dishonesty or other cases 'wrong-doing' of the paper itself rather than in the stories they write.

Why am I doing this?

Thanx to reading the words of people like Bloggerheads, Obsolete, 5 Chinese Crackers and The Enemies of Reason, to name a few, I realise that there is more to the papers than just 'a view'. They are insidious things if they get too powerful. And the fact that The Sun, and its' foreign owner, was going to put up a candidate for parliament (who was going to do as The Sun wanted) so blatantly shows how much Rupert Murdoch thinks he can and wants to influence British politics.
Rupert Murdochs' influence is not a good one from where I stand.

As a very minor league blogger I am honoured to have been invited to contribute to this effort.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Welcome aboard, Sim-O.

Surreptitious Evil said...

"I try to use openID when I can."

I would quit such bad habits, if you can, and concentrate on the blogging:

"OpenID is at heart quite a weak protocol, when used in its most general form, and consequently there is very limited reliance upon its security. This means that the consequences of the combination of attacks that are now possible is nothing like as serious as might otherwise have been the case."