Wednesday 13 August 2008

EDITOR: Justin McKeating (Beat: David Blunkett)

1. Who are you?
I'm Justin McKeating. I live in Brighton and blog at Chicken Yoghurt, Liberal Conspiracy, and Greenpeace's Nuclear Reaction.

2. What will you be writing about?
I'll be following the blue-sky thinking, kite-flying, and 'please give me a job' brain-dumping from the country's favourite lachrymose blind socialite-impregnator David Blunkett, who writes a weekly column for The Sun.

3. Why are you doing this?
The mutual frottage between the Murdoch Empire and New Labour has been one of the major features of recent political history. Never more was it more blatant or stomach-churning than in the paying of a twice-disgraced minister a six-figure sum to scrawl illiberal fag-packet populism and self-serving sentimentalism on a weekly basis. Does Blunkett speak for anyone but himself? Can he serve two masters? Let's find out. (Just don't get me started on the pieces he ghost-writes for his dog.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beat: David Blunkett.

Is that an order?

Tim said...

Sim-O: Hahahahaha!

Justin: Welcome aboard.

Alistair Coleman said...

I'm all for this sort of thing.

Blunkett once goosed my arse, and we should KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON HIM.