I think that the likely explanation is that she's suffering from Hirsutism, although it is a symptom of something else, including the following:
In any event, there's a good chance of her condition being explained.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Cushing's disease
- Tumors in the ovaries or adrenal gland (cancer)
- Certain medications
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Insulin resistance
- Stromal Hyperthecosis - in postmenopausal women [of course this won't apply, given her age]
- Obesity: As there is peripheral conversion of estrogen to androgen in these patients, this is the same mechanism of PCOS
* I don't think that the picture that is used of one of her...